You have a book in mind but you’re not sure how to get started. I can help you with:
- Conceiving the topic.
- Planning the overall structure.
- Developing an outline.
- Coaching during the writing process.
You’ve put a lot of work and energy into the manuscript. You want to make sure it is as fabulous as it can be.
I can help you edit your manuscript regardless of where you are in the process:
- I help with the organization of the text itself.
- Usually after the manuscript has been started.
- Structuring the text or revising it as required.
- Review copy for grammar, clarity, and consistency, as well as structural issues such as plot holes.
- Improving the text itself – reviewing paragraph by paragraph.
- Watch for word choice / usage, point of view / tense, descriptive inconsistencies.
- Line by line edit – in depth.
- Check for spelling, grammar, capitalization, word usage and repetition, dialogue indicators, consistency in use of numbers or numerals.
- Correct point of view or tense shifts.
- Identify awkward wording.
- Remove any redundancy, add anything that is missing, clarify any inconsistencies (character descriptions, for example).
- Add / modify any formatting including typography, font-size, spacing, headings, quotes, call-outs, alignment and margins, indents, and so on.
- Ensures formatting consistency in the manuscript so you don’t have to pay to have the interior design redone or tweaked.
- I can read your book as a fresh set of eyes and provide feedback from the point of view of a reader.
- The last check before you send it to the interior designer. Check for typos, punctuation, grammar, consistency in spelling
- After you have your interior design complete and want a final set of eyes to catch super last minute things with layout and editing.
- This can start anywhere in the process – from a concept to completion.
- Where I would write your book, speech, article, or other text items for you.
- Officially credited to you. (Though I would never refuse being listed as a contributor.)
Websites / Blogs
- Full website design and layout.
- Tweaking CSS to make changes to templates.
- I can tutor you to enable you to set up a basic informational website and/or blog.